Kids’ Breakfast Club
Every morning starts with the sounds of laughter and giggles coming from the WiniKids Club. Our ‘Kids Breakfast Club’ has allowed staff members with children to start work at 8am and bring their little ones in. Winikids feel empowered by this routine and very much feel like that they are ‘coming to work with mummy/daddy’ in the morning. Parents have stated that the kids feel encouraged to get up and get ready so they can participate and see their friends. The Breakfast Club has developed to the point where the kids have a specified roles (‘To-Do Lists’) when they come into Wini.
Example of Kid’s Breakfast Club To-Do-List:
- Saying Good Morning to the Clients
- Ball games
- Switching on the Alexas throughout the Home
- Enjoying Breakfast with the Client.
- Teaching Clients how to use the iPad
- Playing Hide and Seek
- Celebrating and Singing Happy Birthday to the Clients
The effects have been extremely positive for all:
- The parents need not worry about childcare in the morning or coming into work after handover meetings.
- Management need not worry about staffing issues first thing in the morning and knowing that each staff member has attended the handover meeting.
- Clients start the day very positive with the sound of laughter of children enhancing the warm, family atmosphere we have.
- Stress in the workplace reduces with the presence of Children.
Our staff support with Kids does not end with the breakfast club. If emergencies arise where Childcare is a let down we can support by allowing them to bring their Kid in for the shift. It is not always practical but we try our best.
WiniKids also has Staff Parties where the Kids are the focus of the Party – we have been bowling and then gone for food which is paid by the Home as a big thank you for coming in and helping the Home out.
WiniKids hosts various activities throughout the year. Last year we had ‘Living Eggs’ in the Home with the Kids looking after the Eggs which hatched into baby Chicks. This brought the local school classes into the Home too. We also had a local school class singing Christmas Carols during the festive period.
We love all that live, work and visit us.